Climate change is real. The science proves that. But flagellating ourselves in the streets demanding climate action cannot change earth’s ironclad environment trajectory:
1. China cannot restrict its carbon emissions without slowing economic growth to the point where Chinese Communist Party (CCP) falls.
2. The CCP’s central purpose is to remain in power, so it will not reduce China’s emissions.
3. Human nature cannot allow a strategic rival to gain a comparative advantage unchallenged.
4. If the United States restricts its carbon emissions and China does not, China will gain an economic and therefore strategic advantage over the US.
5. The US cannot allow China to gain a strategic advantage over it, so it will not restrict its carbon emissions.
6. Combined, the US and China produce over half the world’s carbon emissions and 45% of global GDP. If they don’t restrict carbon emissions, no other major emitters will either.
Until new energy technology affordably replaces fossil fuels, humans will not materially cut carbon emissions. All the current climate hysteria will do is slow economic growth in Western countries already experiencing working class economic collapse, creating civil unrest, making governance impossible.
Today’s climate hysteria badly misreads our economic hand at the global commons table.
1. The human need for security precludes China and American from reducing carbon output enough to slow climate change.
2. Because China and America won’t substantially reduce emissions, other major emitters won’t either.
3. Angrily demanding carbon reduction won’t materially reduce Western carbon emission, but it will threaten the stability of Western countries.